Antares is a leading global insurer currently looking for a qualified actuary to work in their well-respected Capital Modelling Team.
The role covers a diverse range of work across entities and risks and exposure to a variety of other departments including, reserving, risk, exposure management and Cat modelling.
We are looking for you to have in-depth capital modelling experience. You will excel in technical knowledge, have prior mentoring or management experience, and have had experience interacting with senior management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a subject with a high degree of Mathematics
- Qualified Actuary with at least 5 years of Actuarial experience with at least four full years of experience in Capital Modelling
- Capital modelling experience essential
- Display a broad range of technical understanding in Capital Modelling
- Tyche experience desirable
- Any other modelling software experience is an asset.
Day to day duties include:
- Assist the Head of Capital in achieving the department’s objectives across the Group, covering model use for business strategy and regulatory reporting. This will include further strengthening the potential and output of a Capital modelling function already delivering to a high standard
- Regulatory reporting will include Lloyd’s, BMA, PRA, rating agencies, and other relevant bodies. Strategy input will include capital allocation, investment modelling, reinsurance purchase and design, risk appetites, and more
- Represent the Capital Modelling function within the relevant committee in the absence of the Head of Capital Modelling, including but not limited to Internal Model Expert Group, and the Risk & Capital Committee
- Assist in further developing Internal Model use. Recognise development needs of the Capital model and assist with the day to day maintenance, development and running of the Capital Model
- Deliver assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Develop, and delegate tasks, to junior team members with line management of up to three junior students.
Please note some meetings are conducted via MS Teams / Zoom and this includes the recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK