Antares is a leading global insurer currently looking for a qualified actuary to join their Risk Management team.
In addition to model validation the role holder will be involved in pricing and exposure management for our entities. We are looking for prior experience in model validation and Solvency II Standard Formula from within a non-life insurance environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Preferably a Qualified actuary. Other backgrounds considered where mathematical/analytical rigor can be demonstrated
- Substantial experience in non-life actuarial/risk environment
- Excellent technical abilities in general insurance space
- Good level of modelling and/or validation experience/ awareness, particularly around reserving and capital. Exposure to pricing and exposure management methodologies an advantage but not essential
- Solid understanding of the risks to which an insurance and reinsurance company is exposed, and the wider business environment for (re)insurance
Day to day duties include:
- Facilitate risk management and business decision-making by articulating technical risk/actuarial concepts to non-technical audiences
- Good experience of report writing for the Board and senior internal/external stakeholders
Please note some meetings are conducted via MS Teams / Zoom and this includes the recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK